Just did a painless upgrade to WordPress 5 on live WebVideoExpert site. I’ve been running the release candidates of WP5 for a while on my local server so I knew what to expect. Here’s the process I used.
- Turned off my caching plugin.
- Full sitewide backup
- Downloaded and installed the Classic editor. Did not activate yet.
- Clicked the WP5 update link in WordPress Updates. Process took less than 40 sec.
- Activated the Classic Editor in plugins.
- Checked the site on a couple of computers. Everything working as expected.
- Turned Cache Plugin back on.
- Writing this blog post confirms that Classic Editor still working.